Beautiful portrait, lifestyle, and commercial photography for your family or small business.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How can I get more information, such as pricing, and book my session?
- For more information, including pricing and/or to book your session, simply contact me, and I’ll be happy to assist you.
- When and where are sessions scheduled, and what if I need to reschedule?
- Portrait sessions are generally scheduled on weekends in the late afternoon or early evening when the light is best.
- Portrait sessions normally take place at a location of your choosing, such as your home or your favorite park. If you don’t have a location in mind, I can offer suggestions. A travel fee may apply for locations that require excessive travel.
- If inclement weather becomes a problem or you run into a scheduling conflict, let me know in advance so we can reschedule.
- How long does everything take?
- Portrait sessions normally last about an hour, which is usually plenty of time to capture a wide range of images. An additional fee may apply for sessions in excess of one hour.
- Within about a week of your session, you, your family, and your friends will be able to view your images and order prints and other products through your private online gallery.
- Unless otherwise stated, orders are normally fulfilled in 2-4 weeks, not including shipping (to you) time, if applicable.
- What portrait session packages do you offer and how much do they cost?
- Traditionally, photographers offer portrait packages that include certain quantities and sizes of prints. I think that’s a bit restrictive, so my “packages” are a little different. I offer portrait sessions in multiple tiers, each including a gift card good toward prints and most other products. Higher tiers include a higher-value gift card but also offer more cost savings.
- While I don’t offer portrait packages in the traditional sense, quantity discounts are available when ordering five or more copies of an image in some popular sizes.
- Portrait sessions start at $125. Feel free to contact me for details.
- Is artwork/retouching included?
- Basic retouching, such as removing blemishes, minimizing stray hairs, whitening teeth and softening facial lines is included with all finished portrait products. The only exclusions are digital proofs and proof books. More advanced retouching is available for an additional fee. Don’t worry, you’re going to look great in your finished products!
- Aside from standard photographic prints, what other products do you offer?
- I offer a number of other products, including collage prints, canvas and gallery wraps, float wraps, image blocks, metal or wood prints, greeting and holiday cards, and boutique photo frames.
- If you’re looking for something special, let me know, and I’ll do my best to accommodate you.
- Do you offer print-ready digital files (also referred to as digital negatives)?
- Print-ready digital files (including artwork/retouching) are available at various sizes, depending on your needs.
- What about images for social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)?
- For each image for which you order a print, you’ll receive a screen-optimized image file for use on social media sites at no additional cost. These images look great on your smartphone, tablet, or computer as well. You also have the option to order social media images à la carte.
- Am I allowed to share or copy my images?
- All images are protected by federal copyright laws and may not be reproduced, printed, altered or otherwise used in whole or in part without prior consent. Scanning of prints and other products is also a violation of this copyright.
- You’re welcome to share images delivered to you as digital files on social media platforms, your personal blog/website, etc., as long as my logo and website address remain fully intact.
For any other questions, including those related to non-portraiture (commercial) photography services, feel free to contact me.
What I Do
I’m a photographer and designer from Richmond, TX, and I’ve been working in the photography/design field since around the year 2000. I’ve had a love and respect for photography since somewhere around my early teens. Twenty-something years later, that love and respect has grown into a full-blown passion, born into a business several years ago.
What do I love most about photography? I love the ability to freeze time - to capture a fleeting moment forever and share it with the world. I love walking through our home and seeing beautiful photographs of our family, friends, and travels adorning our walls.
I have a passion for travel and love to see the world, camera in hand. In fact, I offer original, exhibition-quality fine art prints made from photos taken on my travels.
I love movies, music, Starbucks, and just about anything made by Apple.
If you have any questions or comments or need to discuss a project, feel free to contact me.
713.398.7310 (call or text)